'"> ');

Author Topic: Charles Church Homes in Cumnor Hill, Oxford  (Read 25264 times)

ananke

Charles Church Homes in Cumnor Hill, Oxford
« on: March 18, 2014, 02:10:32 pm »
I've been planning on buying a Charles Church home in Cumnor Hill Oxford.  However, having read a little about what's been said on the Internet, I'm beginning to feel a little concerned.  I'd be really grateful for any information anyone can offer.

Many thanks,

Annie

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Charles Church Homes in Cumnor Hill, Oxford
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:12:54 am »
You are right to be concerned!
Persimmon have never been rated 5 star by their customers in the HBF survey. (4 stars again this year!)
Persimmon won just 13 NHBC Quality Awards in 2013 (Barratt won 102!)
My advice would be not to have anything to do with Persimmon aka Charles Church, [and Taylor Wimpey!]

Read the posts on here and at http://forum.snagging.org/persimmon-homes/
If you still go ahead and buy regardless, then you will only have yourself to blame!

If you do buy any new home, be sure to have it professionally inspected and snagged BEFORE you legally complete and move in.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

ReidSamson

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:04:55 am »
Yeah I've heard some awful things about Persimmon homes. I had a friend just recently moved into one and she is so disappointed in the finished product and the service offered by them.
She has said she wishes she never signed the contract. I'd definitely advise doing some research on the houses in the area before you decide, but I would advise against buying a Persimmon new home.

Admin

• Administrator
    • Brand New Homes
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 07:07:50 am »
Quote from:
I've been planning on buying a Charles Church home in Cumnor Hill Oxford.  However, having read a little about what's been said on the Internet, I'm beginning to feel a little concerned.  I'd be really grateful for any information anyone can offer.

Many thanks,

Annie

So "grateful"  that she never came back to the forum!  
Sometimes I wonder why I bother!
BRAND NEW HOMES
Providing information for the UK new home buyer.