'"> ');

Author Topic: Macbryde Homes and Homes by Esh inquiry  (Read 29473 times)

newhomebuyer2018

Macbryde Homes and Homes by Esh inquiry
« on: March 21, 2018, 04:35:00 pm »
Hi,

New to the forum :), I want to find out if anyone has any experience of buying or knows any information about these 2 developers: Macbryde Homes and Homes by Esh. I was unable to find any reviews about them online and thought I would post on this forum.

My wife and I are interested in the OAKLEY PARK Ellesmere Port, CH65 4AA development by Macbryde Homes and Scholar's Park, Darlington development by Homes by Esh

Would appreciate any information, thanks

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Macbryde Homes and Homes by Esh inquiry
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 06:46:31 am »
Smaller housebuilders can be better than the plc nationals but be warned some can also be a whole lot worse!

First thing to watch out for is make sure there is an NHBC warranty. No NHBC warranty is a warning sign so walk away.

Check their reputation. Go and see completed developments at Easter and ask those buyers about their experiences and quality of their home.

Above all get the new home professionally snagged and inspected before you legally complete.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

newhomebuyer2018

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 03:45:58 pm »
Hi New Home Expert,

Thank you for the advice, we have checked that Macbryde Homes are registered with the NHBC and we are hoping to go and view the property soon.

We will give an update when we go for the viewing.

Thanks.

Jen09

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 09:12:43 am »
Our experiences with Macbryde.

Well don't expect them to stick to any timescale.
Pay a professional snagging company to inspect your home before legal completion.
Had a gas leak, all toilets leaked, front garden still has a channel off rock/mud running through the middle and is on two different levels (been in house now over 2 months).
And quality of internal finish not as expected.
Front door not the best quality and internal doors have not been sanded down before painting (rub past with your bare arm at your own risk!)
Trying to get all snagging jobs completed takes forever, dates booked in for workman, but countless no-shows.
Certainly not what we expected.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:12:12 am »
Mots people buying a new home don't get what they expected!

According to the industry's own, highly questionable, in-house "Customer Satisfaction Survey", 99% of new home buyers report a problem to their builder within a few weeks.
41% reported more than 10 defects!

I hope you can get your defects sorted before Christmas.
Remember "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Jen09

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 10:34:04 am »
Thank for the reply.
We will keep calling them until the work is satisfactory.
Just extremely disappointed. Our first home, was a new build with a developer who has a not so good reputation. But we can honestly say that their customer care and speed at which jobs were completed were exceptional.
Let's see how we get along over the next six months.   

Homefromhome

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 02:27:48 pm »
I moved into a Macbryde Homes development in early 2018 and found that the quality of build and customer service were above my levels of expectation.  Once I informed them of the list of snags/defects, they addressed them in as speedy a manner as expected.  I work away from home from time to time and was happy to leave my key with the sales office.  I have even used their refer a friend promotion for one of my family members who is looking to purchase one of their homes in Abergele.

Jen09

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 07:54:47 am »
Homefromhome:    Access to our property has not been an issue. The Sales Office have our spare set of keys, and have done so, since we moved in. At present, our opinion of Macbryde differs greatly.

Admin

• Administrator
    • Brand New Homes
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 07:05:46 am »
I always like to give the benefit of doubt, but on checking "HomefromHome"

The e mail address given is **maintenannce@*****etc  (great spelling by the way!)
And the 'Hostname' is listed as macbryde****.*****.co.uk

This has all the hallmarks of a builder's staff post.
BRAND NEW HOMES
Providing information for the UK new home buyer.