'"> ');

Author Topic: Bovis Edwalton Nottingham Development - Thoughts?  (Read 11932 times)

apacheman

Bovis Edwalton Nottingham Development - Thoughts?
« on: September 20, 2017, 09:29:41 pm »
I have been look at the new Edwalton development in Nottingham. Bovis, Barratt and David Wilson are present in the area.

I'm finding getting information about anything is very difficult, including what amenities are planned, right down to which way they are going to be building.

Has anyone else experienced this? I also find I get a different answer whoever I talk to.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Bovis Edwalton Nottingham Development - Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 08:23:06 am »
My advice, don't touch Bovis with a barge pole!
They are Britain's worst housebuilder by a country mile.
Rated just two stars by their own customers - the worst of any housebuilder! 
In 2015 not one of their 180 site managers won a single NHBC Quality award. This year just 2 did!
Their homes are full of defects and they are always featured in TV programmes about poor quality new homes. Despite "sacking" the CEO David Ritchie in January, there has been no marked improvement in customer care with many buyers still complaining. 

Even though David Wilson are Barratt under a different name, I would suggest Barratt are the best of the three - but as with any new home it is a lottery as to how good the site manager is. Ask if he has won an NHBC Pride in the Job Award in the last two years - always a good sign.

Mostly, beware of the sales staff telling you anything you want to hear just to get you to reserve so they hit their monthly commission sales target. 
You will, find more  good advice here

As for the planned amenities, you should visit the local planning department and check what has been approved. Be ware though that this can and is sometimes changed in favour of even more new homes after a new planning application. In addition, most housebuilders leave the amenities right until the end of the development as they make no money from building them.
http://www.brand-newhomes.co.uk/bbc-watchdog-taylor-wimpey.htm
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

apacheman

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 08:49:14 pm »
Thanks for the advice, yes totally agree they just nod their head and make a pretty picture of anything you say.

Will read up on that, you are right Barratt/DWH seem to have higher ratings even though none really are trustworthy.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 07:56:42 am »
Using the HBF star rating as a guide only.
It does show the worst up but a five star rating doesn't mean five star quality and service.
It means Barratt are the best at gaming the survey, to get the desired result.
And after all, it is an industry survey by the industry for the industry and sole purpose is  to "rebut negative statements on quality"

The NHBC Pride in the Job Awards are harder to fiddle in my opinion.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.