'"> ');

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 8173 times)

BigJake173

Hi All
« on: August 29, 2017, 09:49:51 am »
I've just bought a new Barratt home in Newton Farm, Glasgow. I haven't been able to get in to see the property yet but thought I'd join this forum to get some information beforehand so I'm a little more prepared. There's so much good information here I'm really pleased but also shocked at some of the problems that we, as buyers, are supposed to accept.

I'm hoping that I don't have any issues but that's a bit unlikely but as long as they are not too serious and are fixed properly and quickly I won't mind.

Dave

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 07:21:49 am »
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum.
You should accept any problems, poor quality workmanship or defects in your new home.
It is not impossible to build a defect-free new home. All that is needed is care, enough time and the desire and drive for perfection.

Be aware Barratt are better than most, but don't be too quick to say "yes" to Q1 on the NHBC survey form you will be sent after 8 weeks of moving in. You can use this to your advantage to get things sorted out. Once the form has been sent you will find Barratt less accommodating!

Get your new home professionally snagged and inspected before you move in.
I suggest you call Tim Fee at Snagging Inspections 07768 900200
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector