'"> ');

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 8412 times)

EBS

• Professional
  • Air Leakage test engineer
Hi
« on: July 15, 2016, 07:03:59 pm »
Hi

Just joined and would like to think that I can help out in some small way.

Been involved with air testing since the early days back at the start.  Involved with industry schemes, had the pleasure of many a meeting with DCLG and the likes.  Known for a rather blunt and sometimes sarcastic appraisal of a situation.  Probably could start a riot in a monastery if given the motivation.  Liked and disliked by my peers in equal numbers.  If the answer given to your question upsets you then don't ask the question. 

I have been battling for years to draw links between air permeability, thermal performance of buildings and ventilation rates.  I think that it is a really good idea to build a plasterboard 'box' within a building and then complain when the heating bills are much higher than expected.  I am in total ore of BRE, DCLG and other ill-informed institutions.

One thing that I find really amazing is all the fuss generated by the VW emissions scandal.  The real scandal is the large house builders CO2 emission on new-build houses, everyone knows that it is going on but no one, from the top down, want to see/admit/confront this issue apart from a few well informed individuals.  When you compare the two VW were and are angels, I also drive a VW T4.

I really would like someone on this forum to support the large house builders, never checked what the word "house" actually means, kind of think that a home is somewhere where you should feel warm, comfortable and secure from the elements, house builders not home builders!

I am a bit dyslexic, don't like writing much, have no time for silly regulations or regulators but an ok person who will give up lots of time for free.     

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 05:32:19 am »
Welcome (I think) to the forum.
First of all I think you need to watch your tone. One of your posts broke the forum rules and has been deleted.

Not sure why you would want someone on this forum to "support the large housebuilders"  Very occasionally I come across a buyer who initially is really pleased with their home and housebuilder. As the months pass they often change their opinion.

When it comes to marketing they are "home builders" as in The Consumer Code for Home Builders" and "Home Builders Federation" I agree a house is somewhere you put this in; as in house the homeless?

I agree the air tightness testing requirements for new homes are not sufficient and most new homes would fail if all were tested and had Thermal Imaging Surveys. You may be interested in a recent Blog article I have written on the subject. Housebuilders are cheating air leakage testing.

To avoid protracted replies, I have locked this topic as it is purely for member introductions.
Feel free to post in the General category.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.