'"> ');

Author Topic: Hello advise help and support needed  (Read 8429 times)

Lizard

Hello advise help and support needed
« on: July 13, 2019, 08:45:22 pm »
Been in my new home about 18 months and remain tussling with getting snagging sorted.  The house builder does not recognise its responsibility of the 2 year part of the 10 warranty (I am advised by NHBC they should honour) Passed from pillar to post.  Now need to get tough with these people so hope the forum can help on this one through advise and support.  Will be posting regularly so hope help is forthcoming

Matron

Re: Hello advise help and support needed
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:24:57 pm »
It usually helps the New Homes Expert if you name the house builder because some if not the majority can be very difficult to deal with. I had some minor snags when I bought my Bellway home 3 years ago and they were dealt with very quickly and efficiently however as you have come to realise this is rarely the case.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector

Lizard

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 09:59:11 pm »
Thanks for the response - and hello  the developer was originally Keepmoat but has since last summer become Engie.  However the home was bought from the local council - a regeneration scheme.  So any feedback on how difficult these crew are to deal with would be great.  More later.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 07:24:02 am »
If the housebuilder  refuses to rectify snagging in the 2 year warranty period, you should write to the NHBC. It has a dispute resolution (not much good but better than nothing) and they can instruct the housebuilder to do the works by a certain date and, if they don't appoint another builder to do it.

It is common practice to grind down new homeowners as most give up at around 18 months - 2 years anyway.  Until a new homes ombudsman is created by government buyers don't have much they can do other than go to court.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.