'"> ');

Author Topic: Who should pay the damages?  (Read 5055 times)

Flintstone

• profesjonalne-pozycjonowanie.pl
Who should pay the damages?
« on: August 07, 2020, 10:12:31 am »
I have a legal issue that I do not know how to solve.

I have a tenants in one of the flats who I had no previous issues with. The rent is paid on time and there were no complaints about them. However, last week they have ordered a new couch which was promptly delivered to the flat. The delivery team acted a bit clumsy and there were some damage done on the staircase: peeled paint and peeled wood from the railing. This is nothing major but it is visible and requires renovations.

The problem is the tenants think I should cover the costs as an owner or no one at all. They claim it was not their fault, it was the delivery and either they should pay for it or myself. Where as I find them responsible. How to solve this and what can I do?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Who should pay the damages?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 11:07:14 am »
It's just a bit of filling and re decoration.
As you said you have good tenants who look like they are staying long term.
Why endanger a good relationship over something so minor?

If it really matters to you why not deduct the cost from their deposit when they leave?
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.