Author Topic: opinions on brickwork  (Read 146 times)

pughster25

opinions on brickwork
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:46:10 pm »
Hi,

I recently moved into a new build and everyday I'm finding more low quality workmanship to add to the never ending snagging list. Below are some pictures I took of my brickwork which I perceive to be very low quality,

What are people's opinions?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Expert
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: opinions on brickwork
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:27 am »
For a start, re size the photos and upload them to the forum by using the "attachments and other options"  Your photos were not even available on the links you posted.

You also need to name the housebuilder as a warning to others.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector

pughster25

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:33:36 pm »
Some photos.

pughster25

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 10:36:56 pm »
More photos. I don't want to name them just yet, looking at the houses either side of us their brickwork looks a LOT better than ours, I have loads more pictures. The site manager is due tomorrow for us to review these but I am after some technical terms of what is actually incorrect

Thanks in advance

pughster25

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 10:40:00 pm »
more pics, last one shows large gaps between the bricks and some where the bricks are touching, its hard to see the touching bricks as there is cement that makes it look like a bad joint

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Expert
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:20:10 am »
Basically its bad pointing and a general lack of care.
I've seen worse and I've seen better too.
No housebuilder will do anything about any of the bad workmanship in your photos and neither will the warranty provider.

If you are not prepared to name the housebuilder, I am not prepared to comment further.
Please, next time put the photographs up the right way round!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

pughster25

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 07:29:57 am »
Hi, the pictures were the correct way on my computer so unsure why the website changed the orientation.

would naming the builders affect my chances of remedial works?

It is a major builder and I've spent the last 10 years saving for what should be our dream home, its the most expensive house on the development and dont want to be left with what looks like a mess, its already causing issues in the family with stress etc

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Expert
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 08:12:23 am »
As they say "The squeaky wheel gets the oil"
You should be naming the builder as a warning to others.
Doing something for someone else.
But don't say anything that isn't 100% true and provable!
Especially as it is one of the plcs!