'"> ');

Author Topic: Two Gas Leaks In Persimmon New Home  (Read 22458 times)

Vicki

Two Gas Leaks In Persimmon New Home
« on: February 06, 2016, 07:23:48 am »
Hello
I have purchased a new home from Persimmon and the property had a gas leak within 4 months from the boiler and the hob! The Persimmon are just  saying that it was safe before we moved in and that's it.
Surely this isn't sufficient?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Two Gas Leaks In Persimmon New Home
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 09:45:14 am »
I attended the APPG  Inquiry into the quality of new homes and an independent Gas and Electrical inspection was one of the measures I called for.

Just because the builder "says" it was "safe" when you moved in doesn't mean it was!
Self-certification means nothing.
Nevertheless, housebuilders are required to rectify defects within the first 2 years of the warranty and this certainly qualifies as a defect.
Ask Persimmon to imagine your home exploding and the cause found to be a leaking gas installation, how much damage would that do to their reputation?
Please turn the gas off at the meter and open the windows!
If the Persimmon plumber is still on site, go to the site office and report this as it is an emergency!
If not you will need to call a GasSafe plumber to fix it and send the housebuilder the bill!

Finally, write to your MP and demand that a New Homes Ombudsman is set up.

Hope this helps.
Can I forward your e mail to the APPG MPs?
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector

Vicki

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 12:02:13 pm »
Thanks for that.
The leak was fixed last Friday but I'm looking to find out how to make a complaint and claim for compensation

How do I contact to my MP?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 12:21:13 pm »
You can e mail your MP using:
firstname.lastname.mp@parliament.uk   like this:-  maria.miller.mp@parliament.uk
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.