'"> ');

Author Topic: Dont buy a Harron Home  (Read 7160 times)

Soldmyhouse

Dont buy a Harron Home
« on: November 24, 2019, 05:41:43 pm »
We have been in our home for about 3 years now, had over 200 defects currently down to 68. 
It has been a nightmare.  The customer service department is ridiculously poor. 
We have sent in excess of 500 emails all to be ignored.  They simply don't care.  Once they have your money, you are forgotten about. 

They should be struck off, they are not capable of building decent quality houses. 
Other sites have also helped quite a bit, quite a bit on Facebook, Harron Home Hassles and also www.myharronhome.co.uk.  Buyer beware, Harron Homes are not to be trusted.  I would not recommend these cowboys to my worst enemy!!

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Dont buy a Harron Home
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 12:12:58 pm »
It might be worth writing to Sharon Dale e mail Sharon.dale@ypn.co.uk at the Yorkshire Post
More on Harron Homes here too! [/url)
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector

Caroline280966

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 03:23:12 pm »
Alas a little too late for us, only just discovered this site since I’ve started to look for guidance regarding our home that’s a disappointment to us,  I am hoping we will find some help for us to get people listening and some of our major snags done.
I mean the simplest of things like no chrome plug holes or even a cover in any of the showers after 6 months!

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 10:36:46 am »
Pity you didn't do some research, as there is plenty online about Harron Homes.

The simple to fix things you mention, I would badger the site manager everyday, then twice a day, then call him every hour until he cracks and rips the missing stuff from the showhouse just to stop you pestering him! It is, after all his fault for not properly snagging your house before you moved in.

I wish I had a £1 for every time I've written this:
"It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil"
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

JoeM

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 01:50:56 am »
Having moved in to our new Harron Home just over a week ago, we are, like what appears to be many others, incredibly disappointed at the standard of our home. After raising an extensive amount of snags, they have kindly informed us, tradesmen are no longer allowed in homes until further notice. This was apparently news that was only broke over the weekend but we have found this to be a blatant lie.

With this being a first home for us, are there any tips for escalating our snags when appropriate?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 06:37:42 am »
http://www.brand-newhomes.co.uk/after_you_move_into_your_new_home.htm

I have to say that a few searched in Google would have revealed everything you needed to know about Harron Homes before you bought.