'"> ');

Author Topic: Taylor Wimpey Reservation appointment  (Read 14063 times)

judd22

Taylor Wimpey Reservation appointment
« on: February 07, 2018, 03:31:15 pm »
Hi All,

Me and my partner have just been offered a 2 bedroom mid terrace for £288,000.

We have a reservation meeting next Thursday to discuss legal content, layout and anything else.

We are both first-time buyers and need as much help as possible to make sure that we get the best deal as we are on a tight budget after getting the deposit together.

So for the meeting what are the best things to ask for and to make sure that we get during this meeting? I have read some of the guide with regards to asking for discounts and extras etc. What are the main things to ask and help get as much of a reduction and extras.

After reading many articles I am a little worried that they may try and take advantage of us as we are first-time buyers and are unsure of what to ask and receive.

Any help would be really appreciated and hopefully we will be well equipped for the meeting.

Thanks,

Billy

Site carpenter

Re: Taylor Wimpey Reservation appointment
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 04:56:02 pm »
I can't give you much advice on the legal stuff, however make sure you get the house inspected before you finalise the deal. If this is a timber framed mid terrace house personally I would not consider buying it. The fire risk is simply too great.

judd22

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 04:58:12 pm »
Hi thanks for the advice. Luckily the house is not timber.

The house isn’t built till September. So it’s just pricing and how much the extra’s will cost and how to potentially get extra stuff for when it’s built.

Cheers

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 08:00:38 am »
It is not "just pricing"
You will be asked to choose what colour kitchen units worktops, wall tiles etc.
They will try and sell you overpriced optional extras

You will also be asked to sign that you have seen and inspected certain plans and they have told you certain things. This protects them against misspelling. Take a photo of the plans on your phone, especially the Title, Drawing number and revision.

Record the conversation on your mobile phone as what they tell you cannot always be trusted and proving it later on is near impossible without a record.

Ask the questions listed on the main website and what to look out for , in particular social housing and whether the road is being taken over by the council. If it is not, you might be subject to ongoing  "fleecehold" management charges! Who is responsible for fencing etc.

My website was created to help people just like you, to help you so you are not taken advantage of by greedy housebuilders.

Most importantly be sure to tell them that you will want to get your new home is professionally and independently snagged and inspected before you legally complete. They will probably refuse, but you must insist on this. Get it agreed in writing.

And finally   DO NOT USE THE HOUSEBUILDERS SUGGESTED/RECOMMENDED SOLICITIOR [/url]under any circumstances whatsoever!
The sales will say it is "easier" and quicker" and they may even bribe you with free legal fees or optional extras but don't do it. You will be sacrificing control and your interests will not be represented.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

judd22

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 12:22:38 pm »
Thank you for getting back to me. Any help is great for us.

We are little worried we won’t be able to bargain as much as we were on a waiting list and I assume that the demand for two bed homes is high.

Hopefully we have the tools and questions to go in and ask and try to get the best deal.

ozmusafir

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 01:16:55 pm »
It's probably to too late. But it is better to visit the showroom and drop them an email requested free options and discount before the reservation stage. I manage to at £10,000 discount with £15,000 worth of free options, all which were overpriced.

Make a note and ask about service charges.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 06:16:20 am »
Have you considered that the new home was overpriced in the first place?
Giving a discount on something already overpriced is not a discount.

It also depends of the time of year, as housebuilders can be desperate to get sales in for their year-end and half-year figures.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.