'"> ');

Author Topic: Harron Homes (Yorkshire)  (Read 42598 times)

Philofacts

• Global Moderator
  • New Home Expert
    • Brand New Homes
Re: Harron Homes (Yorkshire)
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 09:03:35 am »
What a dreadful experience and a warning to others.
From what you say it would appear evidence of a house builder that doesn't care about either quality or service.
Over a  year without street lights tells you everything you need to know about Harron in my opinion.
Make a Donation - If you found the information and advice helpful.
The premier information website for the UK new home buyer.

twichibi

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 12:05:48 pm »
A couple of people on a forum complain about issues with their Harron home and all of a sudden "This really does appear to be one of Britain's worst house builders!"

I'm in the process of buying a Harron home (it's currently about 6 feet tall) and have done a hell of a lot of research. Try searching for reviews on Harron homes and you'll hardly find anything. In fact on the whole of the internet I think I've found two threads on the subject. Whilst they are only a small builder, if they were as bad as you make out, there would be a hell of a lot more people complaining.

On the other hand, try searching for reviews on Barratt, Taylor Wimpey, Persimmon, Ben Bailey etc. etc. People have created websites complaining about them.

All these builders employ the same trades and unfortunately some are either careless or just not very good. You'll never find a builder with 100% customer satisfaction. The trick is to take a considered view.

I have spoken to several couples who have bought Harron homes on my development and all are very happy. Yes there has been the usual snagging problems but nothing critical.

Luckily I'm level headed but some folk will read your negative, "mountain-out-of-a-molehill judgements" and be put off.

Philofacts

• Global Moderator
  • New Home Expert
    • Brand New Homes
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 08:46:08 am »
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I agree Harron are a small local house builder which would explain why there are fewer complaints about them online than say Persimmon who build 10,000 new homes a year.

With respect, you really don't know what you are talking about. 
All house builders don't necessarily use the same trades to build the homes!

An estate without street lights for over 12 months.
A buyer that STILL has problems after 12 months.
Six years for the estate roads to be adopted.
"everyone is complaining - anarchy pending!"

Only time will tell whether or not you get a good quality new home and Harron give you decent after sales customer service.
If you read what MJJenkins originally said, he was as positive as you appear to be before he moved in and tried to get faults and defects corrected over the last 12 months and still has outstanding issues.

At the end of the day, people can only make judgements and base their decision to buy or not on the infomation provided by other new home buyers.

The Brickkicker

• Professional
  • Snagging Expert
    • Brickkickers
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 01:42:43 pm »
I have undertaken recently 3 snagging inspections on Harron Homes in Yorkshire , two on the Pudsey site , and one on a site near Halifax

I would be happy to answer any questions and give thoughts on my findings.

Just drop me a line here or a PM
Brickkickers New Home Inspections
Nationwide professional snagging inspectors / construction consultants

Philofacts

• Global Moderator
  • New Home Expert
    • Brand New Homes
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 02:02:37 pm »
It is good that Harron buyers are at the very least getting their new Harron Homes properly and professionally independently inspected, hopefully before they move in.

trooperbill

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 05:06:39 pm »
They wont let you snag to the point where they say you can have a tour instead in which you're shown how the house works and any apparent issues are logged however no dedicated snagging time is allowed. Snagging is left until after you've moved in at which point your in with everyone else fighting for things to be done.

They even make you sign a fit for purpose document knowing that there are outstanding issues on the house before they let you move in.

I moved in on Dec 14th, roughly 6 weeks ago and we haven't had a working boiler, windows don't fit properly, tiling in all bathrooms is disgraceful the list goes on and on.

Oh our hot and cold water pipes were setup back to front - hot toilet flushes for the first week no hot water in taps.

We love the house though... and are sure it will be amazing.... once its finished

Thanks
Mark Rushworth

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 07:14:41 am »
Ask yourself why wont Harron Homes let you snag and properly inspect your home before you move in.
Even worse, they expect you top sign it off as being "fit for purpose"

Alarm bells were ringing, red lights are flashing and sirens are wailing!

Advice for for everyone else who still intends to buy a Harron Home despite reading this thread:-
Whatever you do please get the home professionally and independently snagged and inspected by a snagging inspector before you move in.
If Harron Homes say they wont "allow this" then instruct your solicitor NOT to legally complete until they do.
Harron Homes will want their money eventually!

You "love the house" even though you have already discovered just how badly it has been built.
"the list goes one"  I expect it does!  All because they wouldn't properly check your home and more importantly, let you appoint a professional to do it before you move in.
The fact is, it was not even checked! Hot water toilet flushes and cold water in hot taps - that's when the boiler is actually working of course!

Quite why you still bought a Harron new home after reading the original post is a complete mystery to me.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.