'"> ');

Author Topic: Taylor Wimpey Sellindge  (Read 7481 times)

Leeb

Taylor Wimpey Sellindge
« on: June 20, 2019, 10:10:37 pm »
Not moved in yet but can get to the house I've already noticed some bits, I don't really want to tell them until I move in in 4 weeks time as I just want to get in their now.

I've noticed not just my house, but evey house and garage has not had the dry verge end closures put on.
I have a letter ready about this and how it does not meet BS8612. Cannot wait to send it to them  ;D .

Air bricks are below the slabs, one under front door and the driveway towards the front corner of the house is near on level with damp course.
Gas box is below the level of the garden.
And there is more.
Can some one please advice on the air bricks and the level of drive way and front lawn?
I think I remember reading that eveything should be at least one brick below damp is this right?
is there anything  I can use to back this up in a letter?
Feel free to point out anything more in images.
Thanks

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Taylor Wimpey Sellindge
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 06:13:36 am »
First of all, please don't post that many images.  To be honest they don't really show a lot.

My advice would be to get your home professionally snagged and inspected BEFORE you legally complete. Once you are living there and Taylor Wimpey have your money it will be harder to get the remedial works done and you will have to take time off work to be there.

I suggest Tim Fee of Snagging Inspections .co .uk  call; him on 07768 900 200

Airbricks are normally in the course under DPC and the DPC must be tow courses above finished ground level. If the air brick is below ground it is too low and so is the DPC!
Air bricks should be at doorways as they will be buried as the door threshold is at ground level.

As long as the gas meter box can be opened and doesn't fill with water, I wouldn't be too worried about that.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.