'"> ');

Author Topic: Taylor wimpey apartment impact noise and vibrations  (Read 2880 times)

Adambaker493

Taylor wimpey apartment impact noise and vibrations
« on: September 16, 2021, 08:07:25 pm »
Me and my partner recently move into a 2 bedroomed first Taylor Wimpey flat timber built.
Since moving in we could hear and feel the couple that live above us which is incredibly frustrating. We have spoke to them and even been up there and it is not a case of them being heavy footed but just living normally.
Upon speaking to other neighbours on the 1st floor we discovered they all also could hear the impact noises and feel the vibrations. The couple opposite us have a 2-year old above them which as you can imagine when running around makes the situation 10 times worse.

We both requested a sound test from Taylor Wimpey to which they agreed they would find an independent tester. Upon going on their website we saw Taylor Wimpey plastered all over their website and later found out they were not ACAS credited which is a bit of a red flag. The sound test passed and we are now getting in our own sound testers but are also looking down the path of going legal as it all seems a bit fishy. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Taylor wimpey apartment impact noise and vibrations
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 08:39:30 am »
I'm afraid Taylor Wimpey have history for sound transference, especially in flats.
They know it will be costly in time and money to find and rectify the problem.
Search Google for "Taylor Wimpey sound insulation" and you will see 20.000 results.

Also search on this forum too, as others may now have had it sorted and may be able to tell you how they got Taylor Wimpey to eventually fix it. PM them.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.