'"> ');

Author Topic: Builder refusing to accept professional snagging list  (Read 7358 times)

KiwiFi

Builder refusing to accept professional snagging list
« on: August 23, 2019, 03:46:32 pm »
We moved into our new Harron Homes house at the end of May, and had a professional snagger come a week later to do a report (we weren’t allowed access to snag before completion).
He identified a number of issues, none major, which we promptly sent through to the customer care team. We had advised the site managers that we were going to get a snagger in to help us and they didn’t have a problem. After nearly three months of patiently waiting for them to find the right people to address the snags (they've changed the entire site and sales team during this time), Harron are now trying to tell us that they don't accept professional snagging reports as it's "not company policy".
They’ve also failed to sort out some of the issues that were raised and agreed before we even completed on the purchase, at the home demonstration.

Does anybody have any advice or experience with this situation?
I'm absolutely gutted that they've changed their tune all of a sudden, they never mentioned this until now, and I'm really concerned that we may end up with a house full of issues that never get fixed.

Thanks for your help :)

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Builder refusing to accept professional snagging list
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 11:02:22 am »
Harron Homes have a long history of this sort of thing.
It is ridiculous that they unilaterally decide to not accept "professional snagging reports"

Much as I dislike the Consumer Code for Home Builders Harron Homes have clearly breached two of the requirements
4.1 After sales service and 5.2 Co operation with professional advisers.
It now costs buyers nothing to ledge a complaint against their housebuilder so please do so.

I would also write to the warranty provider and ask that they step in to either force Harron Homes to undertake the works required or arrange another to carry out the required remedial works if Harron Homes fail to honour their 2-year warranty obligations.

Finally, I know a journalist at the Yorkshire Times that would be interested in this.
Please contact her Sharon Dale  email Sharon.dale@ypn.co.uk
She has written many stories about Harron Homes!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

KiwiFi

Re: Builder refusing to accept professional snagging list
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 07:58:09 pm »
Thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate your thoughts!
It’s good to know we have some options, even if none of them are ideal. I’ll be speaking to Harron again tomorrow and will go from there, based on their response.
Thanks again :)