'"> ');

Author Topic: NSBC Home User Guide (HUG) portal  (Read 23213 times)

freddles91

NSBC Home User Guide (HUG) portal
« on: April 07, 2022, 09:20:28 pm »
I've just bought a house with Balfour Beatty (received keys last Friday) and received the login to the HUG thing which is meant to give you all the details of various warranties and such, and also tell you of the materials used and types of walls and this that and the rest.

However there's literally nothing available to me. Even the FAQ section is bare.  Any videos just have "Private" restrictions on them and I'm unable to view them.
My question is does this usually take a while for the information to be uploaded?
Or have my builders just ignored it and it's something I need to kick off about?
Thanks in advance.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: NSBC Home User Guide (HUG) portal
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 04:58:02 am »
Thank you for your post.
Until then I was unaware of the NHBC online Home User Guide.

I would suggest you contact Balfour Beatty as it would appear you should have been able to sue this before you moved in.
Alternatively, if you have your NHBC Buildmark number you should write to the NHBC.

On a personal level, I believe nothing beats an "old-fashioned" folder with everything in it, the day you move in, all in one place.
Something you can pass on when you sell your home.
I doubt the NHBC HUG will have your boiler and appliance warranties and instructions included. It looks at first glance, purely as a means to save the NHBC money in printing costs.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.