'"> ');

Author Topic: Subject Access Request  (Read 10244 times)

pughster25

Subject Access Request
« on: April 03, 2018, 11:48:34 am »
So, I submitted a SAR on 19th February to Bloor heard nothing back until 27th March via email with a 500mb attachment.  I opened the attachment and began to look through the information - emails only!
I looked further and found an email from the director for the North West to their network manager requesting he collate all communication to/from my email address, this is the only info they have sent.

I've replied back stating that the information they have sent is not ALL the information requested expressing they have a few more days before the 40 day deadline.

Any advice on the best way forward from this?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Subject Access Request
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 06:28:01 am »
It is not up to you to tell Bloor what they should be sending you when you make a SAR.
All companies are supposed to know the law and the Data Protection Act 1998 and what to do and include when an individual makes a  Subject Access Request.

All I can surmise is that Bloor Homes does not have a member of staff that knows what they should be doing.
Quite frankly, if you do not receive all the information you should before the 40 day deadline you should and must make an official complaint to the ICO. I would suggest you e mail that director for the North West as soon as you read this, and tell him this is what you will be doing! You could point out that non-compliance of the DPA is a very serious matter and could have serious ramifications for their business.
Perhaps you should also copy this e mail to John Bloor at the head office john.bloor@bloorhomes.com     or  hq@bloorhomes.com 

Time is running out to complete this very important government consultation which could, if you follow the guidance in this article, lead to and force the government to set up an independent  New Homes Ombudsman.
This would benefit all new homebuyers as it would force all housebuilders to look inwards at what they do and what they don't do, in the full and certain knowledge that the balance of power has swung to the new homebuyer.

There are only 13 days left to complete the and the government is seeking the views of new homebuyers.
Please take just five minutes of your time to help change UK housebuilding for good.
Government Consultation Consumer Redress in Housing ends 16 April 2018!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

pughster25

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:46:07 pm »
It is not up to you to tell Bloor what they should be sending you when you make a SAR.
All companies are supposed to know the law and the Data Protection Act 1998 and what to do and include when an individual makes a  Subject Access Request.

All I can surmise is that Bloor Homes does not have a member of staff that knows what they should be doing.
Quite frankly, if you do not receive all the information you should before the 40 day deadline you should and must make an official complaint to the ICO. I would suggest you e mail that director for the North West as soon as you read this, and tell him this is what you will be doing! You could point out that non-compliance of the DPA is a very serious matter and could have serious ramifications for their business.
Perhaps you should also copy this e mail to John Bloor at the head office john.bloor@bloorhomes.com     or  hq@bloorhomes.com 

Time is running out to complete this very important government consultation which could, if you follow the guidance in this article, lead to and force the government to set up an independent  New Homes Ombudsman.
This would benefit all new homebuyers as it would force all housebuilders to look inwards at what they do and what they don't do, in the full and certain knowledge that the balance of power has swung to the new homebuyer.

There are only 13 days left to complete the and the government is seeking the views of new homebuyers.
Please take just five minutes of your time to help change UK housebuilding for good.

The director who replied is on holiday until next Monday, I've emailed John Bloor, Adrian Bloor and John Eastham and DinMetha who are all directors listed on companies house.  I will also forward to hq@bloorhomes.com also.

I will that ombudsman form out now, it's a joke that builders can knock out shit quality houses without any regard of building regulations sign off but if I want to alter my house in any way I need to jump through several hoops with the local authority!

pughster25

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 10:23:01 am »

The director who replied is on holiday until next Monday, I've emailed John Bloor, Adrian Bloor and John Eastham and DinMetha who are all directors listed on companies house.  I will also forward to hq@bloorhomes.com also.

I will that ombudsman form out now, it's a joke that builders can knock out shit quality houses without any regard of building regulations sign off but if I want to alter my house in any way I need to jump through several hoops with the local authority!

Thanks for the HQ email, received an email earlier saying it has been sent to the regional office to be actioned.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 08:15:55 am »
Typical housebuilder CEO, passing it way back down the line. Regional MD to  contracts manager then site manager - the cause of the problem.
CEOs - Paid big money to do nothing!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.