'"> ');

Author Topic: Modified Garden Access and Caravan  (Read 8538 times)

willdigg

Modified Garden Access and Caravan
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:25:09 pm »
Please see image attached for reference.

The property on my estate in the image has decided to put a double gated entrance to the side of their garden (yellow highlight) which they have used to store their caravan in the garden. They have done this by knocking part of the dwarf wall and digging up part of the turfed grass along side the grass (unsure who owns this).

First of all, the covenants in the lease state no caravans are allowed on the estate, The access to the side garden they must mount a curb and path. I do not think this is entirely legal or safe and it also limits the already limited parking on the street as I would guess they wouldn't be happy not being able to get it out.

Where do I and others on the estate stand with this?

Many Thanks

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Modified Garden Access and Caravan
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 08:14:38 am »
The lease is clear and specific, but it could be argued that their back garden is not "on the estate"
The council or whoever owns or is responsible for the road would not give permission for the kerb and pavement to be used by vehicles. Driveway cross-overs are constructed differently to pavements.

I would contact the freeholder or the council and complain.
But you risk a war with a neighbour and that could impact on the sale and value of your house when the time comes.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

willdigg

Re: Modified Garden Access and Caravan
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 01:33:34 pm »
Sorry for late reply.

I've been in touch with council and they agreed he needs planning permission and is not allowed access via the path, BUT they cannot do anything as the roads have not been handed over to them and that this needs to be handled with Miller.

I have also been in touch with Miller Homes and got basically told that they want paid to sort this out.....................queue the laughs