'"> ');

Author Topic: Landscaping  (Read 6563 times)

hibbe79

Landscaping
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:06:30 pm »
Minor issue but we've been fobbed of by Barratt for numerous things including failure to comply with their own buyers' handbook and this kind of last straw.

We have a sloping part to our garden next to fence and I have continually asked what the plan was for this and have been fobbed off. We move in on Friday and just found out that laying stones which isn’t great and worse than that, they are not laying anything first to stop weeds. Sales office is closed until tomorrow and someone on main line said they would get site manager to call me but he hasn’t.

Do I have the right to have input on this or demand they do something to stop weeds growing through as nightmare to maintain?

Any advice appreciated.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Landscaping
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 05:43:54 am »
It is standard practice to put a membrane down before adding stones in landscaping. Not only does this lessen the weeds (not prevent) but it also stops the stones and soil below mixing.

Decide what you want for this area and tell Barratt to do it.
If they refuse, say you will give them a big fat "NO" to Q1 in the 8-week satisfaction survey which they are so keen on!

The site manager's bonus is dependent on "Yes" answers, so it will actually cost him money to save Barratt a few pounds!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector