'"> ');

Author Topic: External aspects of new build stone property  (Read 2327 times)

rustybones

External aspects of new build stone property
« on: January 04, 2023, 08:28:26 am »
First post here. I've recently moved into a new build home and have been quite critical on the external aspects of the house.

I would appreciate some feedback on the report I have produced and whether people think I'm being a little too picky?
I have redacted my report as  I didn't want to share any personal information. The report has been optimised for online publishing which has killed the resolution of the images. If you are interested I could email the full size document

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: External aspects of new build stone property
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 01:16:13 pm »
I haven't  time to read your detailed report.

All I would comment is, if you think it is wrong, it probably is.
If you have seen it and don't like it, your eyes will be drawn to the areas in question forever.

That said, very often (and likely) any remedial works to brickwork or stone may very well end up looking far worse than what you have now.

At the end of the day only you can decide.

If I or anyone else said you were being picky, would you then accept what you have?

New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

rustybones

Re: External aspects of new build stone property
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 10:03:06 am »
Thank you for your reply, I understand it would be a time consuming task to read my report.

I have now found the house is not built level, with one corner approximately 25mm lower than the rest.

My concerns with the stonework lie more with the structural aspect - big perps and zip bonds are just going to crack forever and a day.

I think I knew I was unhappy and wasn't going to accept it, but appreciate what you have said, I think many wouldn't have even noticed.

I have now reported this to the homebuilder and await there response.

Thanks again.