'"> ');

Author Topic: Double Glaze issues  (Read 2968 times)

roobaru

Double Glaze issues
« on: August 31, 2022, 07:08:15 pm »
I recently got new doors and windows fitted at my home as part of a renovation work.
This included replacing the existing doors and windows as well as putting new ones. Now the agreement I had with the installer was for use of double glazed windows done using thermal spacer and also be argon filled. What I found is that the panes he brought were a mix where he got some of them glazed from a third party and some he glazed at his facility. The problem I have is when I look at the panes provided by the third party it seems to have the right thermal spacers and have the argon filled label whereas the one he has done at his facility does not seems to have the same type of spacer and or does have any argon filled sticker. When challenged he said it has both.

I then demonstrated to him that the spacer was not thermal and then he changed his track and started saying that it is a super super spacer. He is not willing to prove to me that the panes have argon filled. He is asking me to prove to him that there is no argon and the spacer is the wrong one. Any ideas or suggestions how I might be able to do that?

Thanks,

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Double Glaze issues
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 04:24:29 am »
First of all, this is a forum for those who have bought a new home with defects or other issues,  not a "one-size-fits-all" general consumer help and advice forum for anything to do with older homes and any work done on them.

My advice would be to contact the Glass and Glazing Federation, assuming your choice of contractor/supplier is a member.

New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector

roobaru

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 05:45:56 pm »
First of all, this is a forum for those who have bought a new home with defects or other issues,  not a "one-size-fits-all" general consumer help and advice forum for anything to do with older homes and any work done on them.

My advice would be to contact the Glass and Glazing Federation, assuming your choice of contractor/supplier is a member.

Thanks for the advice, will look into it. I posted it here thinking some of you might have encountered such snagging issue and would be able to advice. Would anyone be able to recommend a professional snagger in the Essex area?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 06:32:22 am »
New Build Inspections
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.