Advice on buying a brand new home > Snagging and defects

Cracking noises and creaking floorboards.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Admin:
Taylor Wimpey never learn!
New homebuyers have been posting on this and other forums about cracking floors in Taylor Wimpey homes for years yet they still keep on building the defect and the fix wont stop it.

Please read the   Joint Statement in this post here. for more information.

As for compensation this is why a New Homes Ombudsman is needed. Please fill in the current Government Consultation before 16 April 2018 and ask for one!

graham.simpson:
I have the same problem. I had a snagging survey done that identified this issue (I didn't think anything could be done until they came and told me) amongst many other defects!
I would certainly recommend getting a snagging survey done, especially on Taylor Wimpey homes.
I'm shocked at the length of the list and genuinely concerned about my long term stay in this house.

I got chatting with the guy who did the survey and I have saved a sh*t load by getting a survey done now and identifying all these issues rather than having to fix them myself over the coming years.

Anyway, I am yet to be offered a resolution to my creaky floors - it is only in 1 room which is annoying as it is not as serious as the Kazan, so I'm wondering what they're going to suggest.

Please keep me updated with the progress of how they treat you guys, andIi'll let you know what they say to me.

Thanks

Graham

New Home Expert:
Read the "joint statement" link  in the previous post by Admin.
Anything else any housebuilder suggests won't solve this issue.

graham.simpson:
Thanks, however I see you've edited my post - is that allowed?!

New Home Expert:
My forum - my rules!
I have the right to edit any and all posts as I see fit.
Oftentimes, I need to correct spelling, grammar and abbreviations, even make them readable!

I do not allow commercial companies to post and promote themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version