Advice on buying a brand new home > Snagging and defects

Cracking noises and creaking floorboards.

<< < (3/3)

mkfc1981:

--- Quote from: kazan on October 17, 2017, 09:34:03 am ---Hello,

Thank you so much for this great forum which helps me to sort my problems with new build (2 bedroom house) from Taylor Wimpey.

As many here, I also have problems with cracking noises and creaking floorboards.
After reporting this issue, hundreds screws had been used to tighten ceilings but of course no success. The contractor doing this job said straight away to me that will not fix the issue.  I've been living with hundreds holes after screws in my ceilings for more than 6 months. Now finally Taylor Wimpey agreed to take down ceilings and install Resilient Bars.

As suggested here, I have forwarded to Taylor Wimpey the research which was done by the University of Salford Acoustics Research Centre and am now awaiting their reply. The problem is we also have  noticed same issue on the 1st floor as well.

Is there anyone else having same problems?

Taylor Wimpey said that once they fix ceilings on the ground floor problem on the 1st floor should disappear. Should I believe in this?

We have to move out for 2 weeks and the rate which was offered is £80 per adult per day and £40 per child per day. Should we accept this?
I was thinking we should claim some compensation as we have to move out during winter time with two children but I'm not sure if we will have any success with this.

We are badly affected by creaking floorboard (all floorboards are glued) but Taylor Wimpey said they will fix it through ceilings and I'm not really sure how they want to do it. We just had new flooring installed on the 1st floor and before we did this I've been asking many times is that not going be a problem since we have issues with ceilings and floorboards and every time I've been told that it's fine and I should do it.

I would appreciate any advice.
Kind regards.

--- End quote ---

What is this survey? How did you convince them to install the resilient bars? We have really bad floors NHBC only cares if they are glued and screwed?
Despite there being clear movement and a LOT of noise.

Any help or advice to overcome this would be appreciated

New Home Expert:

--- Quote from: Admin on April 02, 2018, 11:18:16 am ---Taylor Wimpey never learn!
New homebuyers have been posting on this and other forums about cracking floors in Taylor Wimpey homes for years yet they still keep on building the defect and the fix wont stop it.

Please read the Joint Statement in this post here. for more information.

As for compensation this is why a New Homes Ombudsman is needed.
--- End quote ---

Read this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version