'"> ');

Author Topic: Snags  (Read 10365 times)

Caroline280966

Snags
« on: February 20, 2020, 04:20:51 pm »
My husband and I purchased a new build and got the keys at end of August 2019 but moved in end of January 2020. 
We allowed the builders a set of keys to enable them to start on the 'snaglist'.
Unfortunately very little has been done (our floor has now been re done FOUR times) and a very poor standard of work generally throughout.
We have had a new build before but nothing like we are experiencing this time. I won’t bore you with all the details but even the simplest task has not been done, after almost 6 months we STILL DONT HAVE ANY CHROME PLUG HOLES  in the showers, just a massive gapping plastic hole!!

What would others consider a fair amount of time to rectify our snags??
We have been e-mailing site manager and sales office but I am beginning to feel I’m winning a losing battle. Also the site is now almost completed just the road to lay from what I can see.
Any help advice is much appreciated.
Many thanks

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Snags
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 10:29:25 am »
Write to the CEO at the housebuilder's registered office, listing everything outstanding and giving them 28 days to carry out all remedial works to bring your home up to the required standard.
I would also give them a list or copies of every email you have sent the site manager and sales and their response if any.

You could mention that is the works are not completed you will be writing to your warranty provider and contacting the national media.

A good start, would be naming the housebuilder here!!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.