New Home Owners And Snagging Forum

Getting started => Welcome - Member Introductions => Topic started by: lalsarin on August 16, 2020, 05:09:41 am

Title: Please advise
Post by: lalsarin on August 16, 2020, 05:09:41 am
I have just moved into a very expensive state of the art new build in central London
The hot water and heating and cooling system is centrally provided - or so it states in the building specs and welcome pack
Much to my surprise I discovered that the hot water to the kitchen sink is provided by a small under sink electric boiler. This is noisy, requires maintenance and works out more expensive to run and maintain. In addition the hot water runs out as the reservoir is small.
Is this acceptable?   Any advice would be welcome
Title: Re: Please advise
Post by: New Home Expert on August 19, 2020, 12:43:40 pm
What you describe is district heating, that is, all heating and hot water is provided from a central source on the development for every home.  I cannot understand why your kitchen sink is not connected and can only presume they made an error and late on this was their bodge solution.

Note you will be paying the same for hot water as you would if the sink was connected so you are paying twice.