'"> ');

Author Topic: New to the forum - completion date imminent  (Read 9723 times)

dap2452

New to the forum - completion date imminent
« on: November 23, 2020, 10:30:06 am »
Hello everyone
Judging from my wife's and my experience so far, I think I am going to be glad I joined this forum which I stumbled upon this morning while I was (am) supposed to be working.
I hope others will be interested in our looming horror show (completion should be 10 December 2020) and will be able to give us some guidance and comfort.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: New to the forum - completion date imminent
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 07:14:22 am »
It is vital that you name the housebuilder.

It seems ikely that you are legally completing before either end of year or half-year figures for a plc housebuilder.
This being the case, and also good advice for all new home buyers, please get your home professionally snagged and inspected BEFORE you legally complete.  At this time of year is is not unheard of for buyers to arrive at their new home after legally completion to find the house full of trades finishing or trying to finish the works.

With regard to reading the forum whilst "supposed to be working" I can confirm that the highest number of visitors to my websites is on a Monday and it tails off by Friday afternoon with Saturday being the fewest.  It is also not the 'hours you work' but the 'work you do in the hours' that is important.  Finally, nearly all employers are underpaying their employees.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector

dap2452

Re: New to the forum - completion date imminent
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 02:15:01 pm »
Thanks for your welcome and your inputs. With regard to naming the builder we don't feel able to do so as we have signed a covenant about saying things on the internet and on social media (see picture).  If this breaches forum rules then we need to apologise and consider what a compromise should look like!