'"> ');

Author Topic: Japanese knotweed  (Read 8325 times)

pk

Japanese knotweed
« on: November 22, 2017, 06:23:19 am »
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to mention the topic Japanese knotweed as we wanted to buy house from Persimmon homes. We did all the searches, paid fees, deposit and then did not proceed as they failed to provide certificate of eradication bank requested.

So it was better to paid abortive purchase fees and put the matter to small claims court as they refused to pay deposit back. After the court issued notice they did. But still search fees and abortive purchase fees have not been recovered.

It was lucky escape not to buy the house from Persimmon. Such rude customer service together with replies from the company the like of which I have never experienced before. No wonder they do earn so much including CEO if they steal money from everybody they sell their houses to.
I do apologise maybe there are some happy buyers out there, but I feel there are more unhappy customers.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Japanese knotweed
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 07:04:04 am »
First of all, you might like to try and use the Consumer Code for Home Builders to claim your remaining monies back.  It is not a guaranteed route to success, but it will only cost you £120 to register a claim for repayment of monies owning. You should add this fee to your claim amount.

Secondly, you have had a very lucky escape. Persimmon do have a reputation and your experience is typical. This is why they are rated just "3 stars" by their own customers and their site managers win very few NHBC quality awards each year!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.