'"> ');

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9975 times)

Ruud Van Driver

Hello
« on: January 10, 2017, 03:41:08 am »
Happy New Year.

I stumbled across this site by accident while looking for some ammo against the builder of the house we've been in for the past eight years.  I'll post that in the appropriate section though.

The site looks like a great place to get the help we need and I hope I can reciprocate with my own experiences thus far.

Just one point while I'm here; the registration process for this site could be near impossible for a number of people. I don't watch The Apprentice so had to search Google to answer THAT question, if you catch my drift.

Admin

• Administrator
    • Brand New Homes
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 09:12:10 am »
Hello and welcome to the Forum.

There is a reason that the registration process requires three questions to be answered.
This is to prevent auto-registration and spam bots clogging up the forum.
When it first went live, within 24 hours I have 50 members who had made 200 posts all of it link-filled spam.  I already devote a great deal of my time to running this and my other consumer information websites without having to spend another hour or so on spam posts.

Most of the spam bots originate from the US and this forum is for UK residents only so I tried to come up with at least two questions that would be known by most in the UK but be a bit more effort for those outside.

That said, you are the first UK person who has not known who says you're fired!
BRAND NEW HOMES
Providing information for the UK new home buyer.

Ruud Van Driver

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 07:52:00 am »
Hello and welcome to the Forum.

There is a reason that the registration process requires three questions to be answered.
This is to prevent auto-registration and spam bots clogging up the forum.
When it first went live, within 24 hours I have 50 members who had made 200 posts all of it link-filled spam.  I already devote a great deal of my time to running this and my other consumer information websites without having to spend another hour or so on spam posts.

Most of the spam bots originate from the US and this forum is for UK residents only so I tried to come up with at least two questions that would be known by most in the UK but be a bit more effort for those outside.

That said, you are the first UK person who has not known who says you're fired!

I belong to a couple of forums and I understand the problem of spam and trolls, so you have my sympathy in having to deal.

I can't sit in front of so-called reality TV for more than three nano-seconds without wanting to stick my head in the oven, so don't I watch Apprentice. I'd rather wander around upstairs barefoot and blindfolded repeatedly stubbing my toe.  I've said 'you're fired' on several occasions over the years so I'm not sure it's exclusive to Lord Sugar :P