'"> ');

Author Topic: House expected to complete in july  (Read 12900 times)

ozmusafir

House expected to complete in july
« on: March 21, 2018, 01:57:57 pm »
My 4-bed townhouse from Taylor Wimpey is expected to complete in July, what are the chances of this been a rushed job?

Luckily I haven't exchanged contracts yet because my solicitor found I must pay a service charge to a management company to maintain the estate. Since then I'm thinking about pulling out and waiting for an older refurbished property.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: House expected to complete in july
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 06:21:54 am »
Good you have a decent solicitor!
The service charges for the estates are called fleecehold" and many new homebuyers stuck with these are trying to get it banned. In the end the freehold of the estate will be sold on by Taylor Wimpey and the new owner could ramp up these ongoing charges to residents to provide and investment return.

Not sure if your town house would be a rush job as you didn't say what the current stage it is at.
However, July is beyond Taylor Wimpey's financial half-year so that won't be a reason for rushing.

My advice walk away and buy and older home. One built pre 2000 would be fine.
You can see what you are buying, get a full survey done, negotiate the price, have a front garden and off road driveway and not have to sort out a rear garden.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector

ozmusafir

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 09:41:57 am »
The current stage of the build is the following:
The roof and external/internal walls are up. They have invited us today to view the new build.
During the visit what other things should I be looking for?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 02:13:34 pm »
At that stage 12-16 weeks is more than enough time to do a good job and build a defect free new home. Not that I think it will be.

As what to look for, each home is different, so take a snagging inspector with you!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.