'"> ');

Author Topic: Dangerous Wimpeys  (Read 32538 times)

dowden

Re: Dangerous Wimpeys
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 11:42:13 am »
Thanks again,
Murphy tried to tell me the gaps were because of the chamfer, that is how they are laid, yet the rest of the concrete in the bedroom is laid and joined at virtually 90 degrees and the small gaps filled in.
When he told me this he had to prompt his other 2 stooges to agree with him.

I don't know what to expect when my issue is escalated to the next manager up the ladder nor when the NHBC visit but I will be ready for another round with them.

At 11.15pm last night the people above got a shower and put there clothes away in the bedroom drawers so we had stereo sound of them both as they are opposite ends of the room. Then they went into the kitchen and began to get pots and pans out to make a meal. At about 12.45am this morning they went to bed, only then could we get some sleep. They are doing nothing wrong, just living there lives and going about there business but we have this seven days a week and it has taken it's toll.

Philofacts

• Global Moderator
  • New Home Expert
    • Brand New Homes
Re: Dangerous Wimpeys
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 07:51:22 am »
If you search Google for 'Taylor Wimpey Sound Problems' you get 602,000 results!
Search 'Taylor Wimpey sound insulation' you get 6,800 results.  
One of these relates to sound problems suffered by residents in flats built by Taylor Wimpey using timber frame construction in Manchester.
Taylor Wimpey it said in a statement that "the Joule Point apartments have been built to the required standard in line with building regulations."  
So that's all right then!

Anyone thinking of buying a Taylor Wimpey new home, especially an apartment, should do their research if they are looking for a quiet new home with minimal defects and snags!

Dowden's problems with Taylor Wimpey had not been resolved. However his account on this forum was disabled at his request
Make a Donation - If you found the information and advice helpful.
The premier information website for the UK new home buyer.