'"> ');

Author Topic: Vibrations in Redrow house  (Read 9955 times)

NCat

Vibrations in Redrow house
« on: April 21, 2018, 05:38:58 pm »
I would be grateful for advice regarding the vibrations caused by washing machines in my new build.  My house is end terrace and timber framed.

When the washing machine is on spin literally the whole house shakes.  The vibrations can even be felt in the upstairs bedrooms at the front of the house (washing machine is ground floor at rear of house).  The screws attaching the integrated dishwasher to the housing have now worked loose which I feel is due to the vibrations. 

Also when the washing machine next door is on spin, the glasses in my cupboards rattle at times and I am aware of vibrations under my feet from their machine.

Is this normal or not in a timber framed house please?  Thanks.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Vibrations in Redrow house
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:50:59 am »
Washing machines can make a racket and vibrate, especially if the load is unevenly spread before the spin gets going. I know of a Bovis new homebuyer who also has this issue despite having three replacement washing machines.

My guess is you have a concrete beam and block ground floor. This is probably not level, or has loose blocks. It could also be that your washing machine has not been levelled up properly.

You should not be affected by noise or vibration from neighbouring homes so you must report this to Redrow Homes.

It is not right and not normal.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

NCat

Re: Vibrations in Redrow house
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 02:48:21 pm »
Thank you for your advice, will go ahead and report.  The washing machine appears to be evenly placed on the floor, no movement when turned off.