'"> ');

Author Topic: Standards expecting for general finishing  (Read 8520 times)

djmc

Standards expecting for general finishing
« on: September 12, 2019, 11:17:59 am »
I have had a professional snagging report done after 2 months of living in the property. There are a number of issues highlighted which include plaster ripples/snots, Paint on door hinges, untidy trim around the laminate flooring (gaps, pin holes, trims not matching up neatly). I have given the report to the builder who has said I’m being far too picky and won’t do anything about them.

There were a few things in the report that didn’t meet NHBC standards (uneven flooring for example) and the builder has agreed to look at these.

Thoughts?
Thanks

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Standards expecting for general finishing
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 06:29:03 am »
Name the Housebuilder!

Ask the person that said you are being picky if they would accept a dent or scratch in a new car?

As soon as you said paint on hinges I knew this home wasn't built with any care.

If the housebuilder still refuses to complete all the items on your list go to the local and national press and tell them the builder said you were being picky.  Think of the bodges you cannot see too!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.