'"> ');

Author Topic: Persimmon - Brick Work - The Willows (Merseyside)  (Read 4267 times)

Kingslayer

Persimmon - Brick Work - The Willows (Merseyside)
« on: February 12, 2020, 08:55:06 am »
Hope this is the right place!

I've recently completed on a Kendal (Dec 2019) and it became clear there were some issues with the brickwork.

Now there was been some remedial work done by Persimmon and they did rebuild our front Pillar which was horrific, however they are now saying the rest of my complaints are just down to 'aesthetics' and the Site Manager along with the Contracts Manager told me that no further work will go ahead replacing bricks.

It's currently logged with the NHBC and to help with visibility I've created a Youtube clip firstly going over my house then comparing to an earlier Kendal and of course the Showhouse

Here is a link to an instagram account;

https://www.instagram.com/dontbuypersimmon/

I keep getting told that these aren't issues and they are within tolerances? Am I just being picky?

Persimmon keep referring to a change of brick (from Clay to Concrete) as to why my house looks different to earlier Kendals but surely that shouldn't mean I have chips/cracks and uneven walls?

It's caused a fair bit of stress and at this point, I feel like a mug for having ignored that bad press however when I do look around the estate I do see some good brickwork so what gives?
I am just unlucky?

Any advice would be appreciated

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Persimmon - Brick Work - The Willows (Merseyside)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 09:44:03 am »
You are not unlucky but you were foolish to buy a new home from Persimmon.
From what you have said, the responses from the site and contracts managers are at odds with those of the main board directors and the change of ethos they said the company is now going to take to re build its dire reputation after the independent review.

I would suggest you write to Roger Devlin at Persimmon Head Office in Fulford, Yorks enclosing photographs of your brickwork and ask him what HE is going to do about it.

Be sure to report back what does happen.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector

Kingslayer

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 12:22:05 am »
Thanks for the reply.

So the construction director came out today.
"It's within NHBC tolerances"
"It's down to the construction of the brick"
"....That's because this isn't a clay brick"

We just went in circles and when I showed him a house with superior brickwork he told me they were comparable, straight-faced.

He's promised they will come back and perform some changes but I really don't know how you fix this?

He kept saying "...Whether we will meet your expectations is one thing..."

I've got the NHBC to come in March but I'm looking at getting an independent surveyor out from the lender

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 10:41:56 am »
Looks like you have met a 'brickwall' with the Construction Director, using stock dismissal phrases..
None of what he said is a failing on your part, but all is a failing of Persimmon Homes.
Clay or concrete bricks if one is not so good why do Persimmon use and make them?

Look like the corporate change is direction and policy is a mere smokescreen PR stunt.
Write to Roger Devlin - he needs to know!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.