Advice on buying a brand new home > Snagging and defects

opinions on brickwork

<< < (3/4) > >>

pughster25:

--- Quote from: New Home Expert on October 30, 2017, 09:10:48 am ---Bloor homes don't have a very good record of customer service as a number of their buyers have confirmed to me.
They appear more keen to argue a case for not doing anything, than to actually sort out the complaints to their customer's satisfaction.

--- End quote ---

What do you think of the pics? is the brickwork to an acceptable standard and NHBC standards?

New Home Expert:
To be honest I only looked at one, I got fed up with the ads popping up!

I've seen a whole lot worse brickwork and whatever you or I say about it, one thing is for sure, it isn't getting knocked down and re built under the warranty.
If you do get them to cut out the bits you don't like the remedial work will show up like a sore thumb.

I would let it go. You will have worse to worry about with a new home!
Don't forget to get it snagged and inspected before you move in.
Give Tim Fee at Snagging Inspections a call 07768 900200

pughster25:
Thanks for the response.
We have already moved in, Bloors changed the snagging policy, you only get to snag now after moving in (10 day snag) then again at 5-7 month. We have been in over 10 weeks now and every time they try to fix something by doing half a job they cause more issues.

For example: They wouldn't remove doors to sand and repaint interior door frames, now I have overpainted hinges, scratched hinges and gloss on my new oak doors!
They also wouldn't lift carpets where carpet fitters gouged all skirting board, now I can see a clear line where they painted to the masking tape.

pughster25:
I have also started a blog to capture the shocking follow up from Bloor Homes

https://bloordontfixshit.tumblr.com/

New Home Expert:
Asaid before:

--- Quote from: New Home Expert on October 30, 2017, 09:10:48 am ---Bloor homes don't have a very good record of customer service as a number of their buyers have confirmed to me.
They appear more keen to argue a case for not doing anything, than to actually sort out the complaints to their customer's satisfaction.

--- End quote ---

Seems another example to confirm it.

Good luck with the blog. Anyone considering a Bloor new home should take a look!
It is disgusting that house builders like Bloor "don't allow" snagging inspections until the buyer has moved in. At that point it is too late and the buyer is inconvenienced whilst work to fix defects is carried out - if at all.  There are no specific time intervals for snagging those given are just to suit Bloor Homes.
If Bloor Homes don't act make a warranty claim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version