'"> ');

Author Topic: Gas boiler registration  (Read 4906 times)

Adamski89

Gas boiler registration
« on: February 03, 2021, 01:14:21 pm »
I couldn't find anything in search option about boiler registration.
Do boilers which are installed in new houses need to be registered online with GasSafeRegister?
I haven't been given any signed documents about Boiler apart from blank user manual and tried to received a copy of certificate online but it shows that it is not registered.
Is builder/gas contractor obliged to have it registered?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Maxell

Re: Gas boiler registration
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 06:11:18 pm »
You should have a home owners pack with registration for white goods . Your warranty is with the manufacturer and possibly the builder for installation. The boiler and some pressure tanks are required to have an annual service to ensure the two year warranty. 

Maxell

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 07:10:32 am »
I couldn't find anything in search option about boiler registration.
Do boilers which are installed in new houses need to be registered online with GasSafeRegister?
I haven't been given any signed documents about Boiler apart from blank user manual and tried to received a copy of certificate online but it shows that it is not registered.
Is builder/gas contractor obliged to have it registered?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Having just had a new boiler fitted in my own house, at great expense and hassle I might add, this is what follows:
1) Boiler is fitted.
2) Installer shows homeowner how to use it.
3) Installer completes the commissioning and fills out the Benchmark record in the Installation manual which you should have been given.  This also has a page to record boiler service.
4) RGI then takes away Gas Safe Registration card and warranty card and filter registration card (required for extending the manufacturer's warranty, in my case from 5 years to 8 years) etc.
5) You receive in the post a GasSafe registration Building Regulations certificate and the warranty from your boiler manufacturer.

I'll update if (5) above is different.

New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Adamski89

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 08:21:12 pm »
This is really handy - thanks.
All what I have got was basically what you get when you buy a boiler, not a single signature or anything in any book - I'm questioning this with builder already, I'm just not sure if installing boilers in new houses can differ from like replacing old boiler etc as they haven't signed anything for any houses which were sold already, this doesn't sound right..

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 06:55:26 am »
It needs to be signed off and properly commissioned under Benchmark and registered  with Gas Safe Register for building regulations.

Who is the housebuilder?
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

Adamski89

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 04:00:12 pm »
CALDWELL DEVELOPMENTS LTD   - local small company in Glasgow which doesn't give a damn about anything really.

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 04:33:27 pm »
I see. Pity as some smaller builders have a good reputation and pride in quality as they have time to care unlike the plc housebuilders answerable to shareholders.