Advice on buying a brand new home > Redrow Homes

Redrow Homes Subject Access Request

(1/2) > >>

Sarah:
I am new to the forum and I stumbled upon the "Subject Access Request" Template Letter which I see you have previously mentioned and I have used it as I have (like many) no joy with getting some issues fixed.

Except I changed one paragraph regarding the fee....

"If there is a fee required, please could you let me know the cost first. I will then inform you whether we are content to pay this fee for the request to be carried out"

This is the response I received:

"I have been instructed by Redrow Homes Ltd to deal with your Subject Access Request.
I should be obliged if you would make the application in the correct format and, in particular, forward to me the prescribed remittance together with a breakdown of the documentation you require"

I am not entirely sure what is meant by this as I am under the impression that I am to get everything they have from my plot/home file as indicated in the template letter. So I am wondering if anyone would be able to help/advise on my reply to this as I am not entirely sure what I should be listing as I would like all the information and don't wish to miss anything out which could be vital for my case. Judging by their reply they either don't really know or trying to make it difficult.

I am very desperate to get my house fixed due to my warranty policy coming to an end with the developer.

Philofacts:
As it states on the Subject Access Request Page:
"Post your request letter together with a cheque for £10 by recorded delivery".
You need to pay £10, which is the maximum amount stipulated in the DPA 1998, and the builder then has 40 days to comply. Failure to comply with your request is a clear breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

So you need to pay £10 which is why it is included in the Template letter.

The template letter is in the correct format and you are entitled to EVERYTHING that Redrow have regarding you and your particular plot.
This must include all internal e mails between Redrow members of staff and Redrow sub contractors.
The template letter is, in my opinion quite clear.

I can only assume that Redrow are stalling and trying to get you to do a list of a few documents in the hope that the more revealing information, you are unaware of is not disclosed. Either that, or as you state the person who replied is not the data controller for Redrow.

All you can do is send the template letter again perhaps adding:
"Please find enclosed cheque for £10. To avoid further confusion regarding the information I require, my 'Subject Access Request' is for Redrow to provide is a copy of every document Redrow have regarding both myself and my plot. I would point out that deliberately withholding any documents would be an offence under the Data Protection Act 1998"

Mugen:
I too used the subject access request letter and managed to get some information on the property. Whilst I was able to obtain some information it would only appear that the information about the property is where I can be identified. So it would seem unless I can clearly be identified they have not provided about the property/plot.

On their reply they stated that they are not sure what I mean by all correspondence relating to my property. They also state that they have not included technical docs, relating to the plot such as construction drawings, plans, specifications as they claim its outside the scope of the Data Protection Act.

From my understanding the subject access request was to obtain information about my property with or without me identified.

With particular reference to the part about  "all correspondence relating to my property"  since they don't know what I mean and since receiving their reply I am little confused about it too. Would someone be able to elaborate on this and if possible how I would reply as they are only giving information where I am identified?

Thanks

Philofacts:
You should receive all information about you and your property that is in their Plot File.
This includes e mails between their own staff, letters to contractors that  relating to matters specifically concerning you or your home.  Your name does not need to be stated.

However, the construction working drawings, technical specifications and structural calculations would be beyond the scope of a Subject Access Request in my opinion as they could be adjudged intellectual property.

Mugen:
Thanks Philofacts for your response on this.
I will write to them again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version