Advice on buying a brand new home > NHBC Warranty

Amtico flooring tolerances

<< < (2/4) > >>

New Home Expert:
It looks like the NHBC inspector has agreed (or rather couldn't argue) with the floor being out of level and beyond even the generous NHBC tolerances. 20mm is way above 5mm!

However the statement about lifting the Amtico being "disproportionate" to the minor unevenness is a bit silly,  it will be impossible to relay the Amtico to half a room and expect it to match up to the existing which is not lifted.

steveball:

--- Quote from: New Home Expert on September 06, 2018, 09:04:12 am ---It looks like the NHBC inspector has agreed (or rather couldn't argue) with the floor being out of level and beyond even the generous NHBC tolerances. 20mm is way above 5mm!

However the statement about lifting the Amtico being "disproportionate" to the minor unevenness is a bit silly,  it will be impossible to relay the Amtico to half a room and expect it to match up to the existing which is not lifted.

--- End quote ---

I really appreciate your replies - can you advise how I can proceed to get the entire floor fixed? Am I correct in they should be laid to +/- 3mm?

New Home Expert:
NHBC state: (c) variations in surface level between adjacent wall or floor tiles
1mm for joints less than 6mm wide.
2mm for joints more than 6mm wide.

Not sure for Amtico specifically. But if subfloor is wrong Amtico needs to come up anyway.

steveball:

--- Quote from: New Home Expert on September 08, 2018, 09:43:01 am ---NHBC state: (c) variations in surface level between adjacent wall or floor tiles
1mm for joints less than 6mm wide.
2mm for joints more than 6mm wide.

Not sure for Amtico specifically. But if subfloor is wrong Amtico needs to come up anyway.

--- End quote ---

So we have an update - Davis Wilson discussed the option of us getting our own quotes and deciding if the amount was acceptable, so I agreed all work and materials except the kitchen units would be supplied by me and they supply the units. Anyhow this has now changed to us only sorting the floor and their trades people doing the rest of the work.

What that means is we have to organise our people and theirs to be on site at the correct dates, which is nigh on impossible! Also added into the mix, I asked for a square metre figure of the flooring they are prepared to fix, to which I got about a third off the flooring - not very conclusive if you ask me.

I have advised I want them to complete all works and to understand which tolerance they are working to when fixing the floor... this is about to get interesting.

New Home Expert:

--- Quote ---What that means is we have to organise our people and theirs to be on site at the correct dates, which is nigh on impossible!
--- End quote ---

That is what site managers have to do every day!
Some sites have upwards of 13 different trades, around 50-70 individuals working on around 30-40 homes all at different stages of construction. Add to that Health and Safety, customers, sales requests and site external works.

Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version