Home Owners > Landscaping and Gardening

Garden/Fence. Snag or not?

<< < (2/2)

Major_Sharpe:
Thank you for your replies. I contacted the builders and explained the situation about the fence. I also said about the infested turf they installed. They are going to send a landscaper round to check the turf and are going to speak to the site manager about the fence.
I've got to say I'm not too hopeful they will sort either problem out but we will see.
Thanks again.

Major_Sharpe:
I have received a reply. They have said the fences have been treated so will not rot. They have also said the reason the soil is so high is to ensure the garden is level. I have attached a picture. I don't think any tools are needed to show that this isn't level.
I have replied to them and I am hoping for a more positive response next time.
Thanks

New Home Expert:
Treated timber does rot. If it didn't, no treated fence posts in the world would ever rot and snap.

Fences are not designed or supposed to be buried.
With a housebuilder saying what he is about something so basic as a fence, I would be concerned about the quality and compliance of your actual house.  Perhaps you could suggest they buy it back?

Midwest:
Is your garden built on an incline? Looks like you have two types of fences? Its sometimes normal for a fence to be installed on top of a gravel board. The gravel board can be separately replaced when it has rotten. The darker fences to the left, appear to have a concrete gravel board?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version