Advice on buying a brand new home > House Builders

Barwood homes

(1/7) > >>

pugman:
Firstly this website is amazing - thank you!
Secondly, has anybody heard of Barwood Homes?
Am looking at a very nice development in Weston Turville, Buckinghamshire
The properties *look* very well built and its a small site (less than 30 homes)
But I can find very little detail on the developer
Thanks

New Home Expert:
I've never heard of them, but that may be a good thing.
They have only been around since 2010 and according to their website have 14 developments.

My advice be sure to buy on one that has an NHBC warranty.  If it doesn't DONT BUY!
LABC isn't as good in my opinion. Talk to others on the development and ask them what they think of their homes. I wouldn't pay muh heed to potentitally doctored testimonials on the housebuilders website.

Speaking of website, Barwood's seem to have a lot of broken links/pages not available from their Home page.  This is not a good sign and demonstrates a lack of attention to detail!

pugman:
Thank you, the development I'm looking at will have NHBC warranty - I have documentation on this from the sales guy. It's also freehold.

The plot I want is a corner plot which has greenbelt to the side and back. There are no development plans for these areas currently.

One question, for the plot I'm looking at the road outside the house is owned by myself and the road opposite (per plan). The sales guy told me this means if there ever was to be a development to the side of the house, they would have to get my permission. Is that really true?

New Home Expert:
It could be. Sounds like what they call a ransom strip - provided it is the only way to access the land for housebuilding. Check the deeds to see who has rights of access to use the road you part own too!

Make sure you have that NHBC warranty.
I had a buyer today, say they were told it would be NHBC, only to discover it was BLP when the exchanged!
Sales and estate agents do tell lies!

pugman:
Well, just a short update - the salesman I dealt and reserved with has now taken off “backpacking”.

The new sales person informed me the warranty is BLP and not NHBC. I will be pulling out of this one.

Lots of new builds in the area from varying developers. At £700k we don't need to start on the wrong foot.

Thanks again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version