'"> ');

Author Topic: Unprofessional bathroom finish. Home builder refuses to re-tile, where next?  (Read 14070 times)

GrantsV

Master ensuite bathroom was provided with a shockingly bad finish.
We had an ongoing battle for 10 months as the new home builder only offers a re-grout.

90% of the the tile edges are chipped (as per photos) and some tiles don't flow smoothly together (raised edges) so we have demanded re-tiling which has been refused.

Where can my family go from here?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
First thing you can do is name the housebuilder on this forum!

If you have NHBC warranty, the standard of the tiling falls outside the NHBC A Constant Approach to finishes" and it should be re tiled by someone that knows what they are doing!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

GrantsV

Thank you, very kind of you to reply with the clause.  The house warrantee provider is Checkmate unfortunately not the NHBC, and I'm struggling to find the same extent of documentation with Checkmate.
Does this still apply with Checkmate?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Checkmate isn't as good as  NHBC warranty - not even close (in my opinion)
NHBC documents and publications do not apply.

And you haven't named the housebuilder!
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.