Advice on buying a brand new home > General discussion

New Build Company buying my house back

<< < (2/2)

New Home Expert:
First of all the amount of the Help to Buy loan you will repay will be the proportion of the equity given up of the selling price either higher or lower than what you originally paid.

You should also factor in the cost of carpets and curtains, I forgot that with the cost of moving home.

You will need to sell your house to Barratt and by the house. What you are proposing is complicated and I doubt Barratt would agree.

A 'thank you' would have been appreciated!

abbeylands:
Apologies - thanks are due but still argueing with Barratts over a myriad of issues. For some reason they made an offer to buy back based on a 3 bed semi. Called us greedy when we explained that was a little underpriced given we didn't live in a 4 bedroomed house. Soon corrected them and now they have arranged for an independent surveyor to come and value. The difference I expect will be in the region of £40,000. However the upside is they have agreed to pay rental costs, legal and moving/storage costs and ensure we are not out of pocket. So inching foreward to a solution. Will let you know what is eventually settled and how to get there.

Teddybear581:
Sorry that you have had so many problems and hope your next house purchase is a happy one.  :) I have asked Barratt to buy back my house......my defects are nowhere near as severe as yours.

My complaint is more that they did not disclose material facts about the plot, that had I known, would have resulted in me walking away from the development. Barratt have told me that they will not agree a buy back. Oh well onwards and upward....will just sell myself and move on x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version