'"> ');

Author Topic: Developer NDA and Warranty  (Read 12997 times)

evNDA

Developer NDA and Warranty
« on: June 15, 2022, 09:54:05 am »
Hi there, just after opinions and some reassurance:

I've lived in my new build for 2.5 years now.
I  recently discovered that my house is missing an EV charger from the specification.
I  needed to have one installed ASAP (company car), 3rd party supplier fitted one and the developer has agreed it was missing  and will reimburse me the cost.
But! They will only reimburse me if I agree to sign an NDA, which also states that any money paid will be the final settlement of ANY matters of the purchase and subsequent occupation of the address.

I understand that my 2-year developer warranty is up, and now relying on NHBC for any issues, but I wondered if there was any reason to not take the NDA?

Apologies if I've over thought it!
Kind regards

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Developer NDA and Warranty
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 12:34:45 pm »
It is not possible to "over think" any housebuilder offer or NDA implications.

Your NDA should only really apply to the fact that the EV charger was missing - not anything and everything from that moment on.  My suspicions are, that there may be other omissions and/or defects they know about but you do not.

The NHBC are not "peace of mind" either for years 3-10.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.