Advice on buying a brand new home > General discussion

Boiler advice - Ideal vs Vailant

(1/1)

Newhomebuyer:
I’m currently buying a house and the builder has informed me that due to shortages they are no longer able to provide a Vailant boiler and plan to replace it with a Ideal Standard 30kw one. I’m unable to find the model online.

Has anyone got experience with Ideal? Wanting to understand if they are reliable, we currently have a Vailant boiler installed in our current property and had no issues in the 4 years we have had it.

New Home Expert:
I had an Ideal boiler for 21 years all trouble free. I didn't even have it services once (although I did replace the fan three times and clean the heat exchanger myself.)  But it finally broke down last February and with parts expensive and becoming limited, we decided to fit a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Ri 15kw condensing boiler - guaranteed for 8 years!

Condensing boilers are supposed to be more economical (not that I have noticed) but do tend to breakdown.
The choice should be which manufacturer has the best customer service.  Having looked at Ideal and reviews online I decided on the Worcester Bosch.

I doubt you will be using it much given the price of gas now - forecast to be 13p/kwh in October 2022!

AS2003:
I made a same decision and chose the Ideal Vogue. I haven't regretted it yet, and the 10-year warranty provides significant piece of mind.

Every installer has his favorites, but I have yet to encounter someone who has not been impressed with a Vogue installation. Masood describes it as "absolutely up there with the greatest of the premium items."

That is not to suggest that the Vaillant isn't a first-rate product; it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version