'"> ');

Author Topic: Assistance with shared driveways  (Read 11292 times)

KEEPGREEN

Assistance with shared driveways
« on: August 28, 2017, 09:53:34 pm »
Hi everybody,

I am in the process of buying a new build and i am concerned about a shared path that leads to the driveway.
I would be very grateful if you could go through the attached picture and let me know if this could lead to a legal dispute between neighbours .

Thank you in anticipation

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
  • Expert advice for new home buyers
    • New Home Blog
Re: Assistance with shared driveways
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 07:22:56 am »
Put it this way, I wouldn't by any of these houses.

Provided you haven't made the mistake of using the housebuilder's recommended solicitor, you should get legal advice. There is no way anyone could make a judgment on this without the actually plot in question being indicated and the various terms on the deeds regarding this area.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

KEEPGREEN

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 10:17:49 am »
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Apologies for not indicating the property in question . Please go through attached picture, i have ticked the property I intend to buy. We have not taken their recommended solicitors .

Thanks again

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 07:23:51 am »
At least it's not the one with the smaller area.
I still think you should ask your solicitor.
He may be able to add something to your Title Deeds.
New Home Blog - New Home Expert is committed to providing help and advice for people having issues with their new homes and difficulties with house builders as well as helping potential buyers reduce the risk of possible problems if they do buy.

KEEPGREEN

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:04:12 pm »
Thanks for having had a look at the property plan. As you suggested will have a chat with the solicitor .

At what stage can I get the snagging inspector do the job, is it only after the property is completely built ?

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 06:51:49 am »
In an ideal world, new home buyers should be able to have their homes inspected at each stage of construction, just as the warranty providers are supposed to.  In reality, the Health and Safety card is played so you will only be allowed to have your home professionally inspected and snagged after it is 100% completed.

Otherwise the list would be a list of outstanding works, things that could not be checked, rather than defective works.
But be aware, most builders try to stop buyers having snagging inspections until after legal completion when they have all your money and you have moved in.
So get your solicitor to insist on your snagging inspector carrying out the inspection before legal completion.

Who is your housebuilder?

KEEPGREEN

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 10:17:04 pm »
Thank's again for taking the time to go through my reply . I will certainly chat with my solicitor about all your comments. If I can get the home inspected at every stage , then that will be marvellous.

The builder is Charles Church (Persimmon Homes).

Is there anything else I need to be aware of these builders?. Thanks .

New Home Expert

• Global Moderator
  • Guru member
    • New Home Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 06:55:59 am »
For a start, you have no chance of having your home inspected before you legally complete.
Persimmon usually don't allow it for obvious reasons!

Were it not of Bovis Homes, Persimmon Homes are Britain's worst house builder.

Persimmon are rated just three stars for the last three years by there own customers, this in survey conducted by the industry for the industry's own marketing and PR.

If you haven't already exchanged contracts cancel your reservation would be my advice.
There is a mine of information online in Forums and Facebook Groups.
See What their customers say on this webpage!