'"> ');

Author Topic: 1st time buying a new build property help needed.  (Read 7395 times)

Ajleeds

1st time buying a new build property help needed.
« on: March 04, 2019, 04:01:19 pm »
This website was a godsend to find when looking at the help for buying a new property.

I turn to the forum to gain clarity on what I have read. (first time on a Forum)

As the Subject reads this will be our second house to buy but our first new build so treading new ground here.

Viewed Mongolia Gardens development by Ashberry homes (bellway??).

The detached house I have seen is 4 bed with garage only 1 parking space but backs on to affordable housing and the position of the property means its surrounded by multiple gardens.
https://www.ashberryhomes.co.uk/magnolia-gardens/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2019/01/siteplan.jpg
plot 310 is one we are considering but should I have the right to be concerned about the number of gardens this shares boundaries with and the position in the development?

There are other Poppies available but only the two which are semi-detached on the same road as this section has yet to be released.

The other poppies have been reserved as part of phase 1.

Any comments or guidance would be welcomed.

I'd thank you for your time in advance.

Matron

Re: 1st time buying a new build property help needed.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 10:17:01 am »
You are correct when you say Ashberry Homes is Bellway.

Now I’m not an expert but we bought our first new build after 42 years married when previously we have bought 2nd or 3rd hand but I’ll tell you want I think about the plot you are considering.

Where we now live it is classed as Phase 1 of Bellway and Phase 2 is almost complete however Bellway built about 10 affordable homes on Phase 2 before Phase 1 even had a house on it. They consist of terraced and 1 semi detached houses. Everyone who bought the private homes keep their gardens in good order and are considerate when parking but not in the Affordable homes. They stand out like a sore thumb, they look unkempt and I know residents around them have had a few problems so in view of this it would put me off.

Regarding the one parking space. My borough council will not accept plans where builders only plan 1 space. They must have at least 2 spaces not including the garage. This they say is to keep the area tidier although you’ll still get people who won’t use the drive. Hope I’ve given you some food for thought.

Tim Fee Snagging Inspector

Admin

• Administrator
    • Brand New Homes
Re: 1st time buying a new build property help needed.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 07:25:32 am »
You are right to be concerned about affordable housing on your rear boundary.
Think about re sale values, who would buy your house instead of a similar one away from affordable housing.
Then  as if the price you paid reflected this.

You are also near to the sub station which may buzz at night.
One parking space is fine if you have one car, but again think about re sale.

I would also add that the more neighbours you have the greater the chance that one of them is inconsiderate and has garden parties every Saturday night or bangs concrete and angle grinds at every sunny day!

BRAND NEW HOMES
Providing information for the UK new home buyer.