Investments > Financial Markets and the economy

Investing in 2022 - ideas?

(1/1)

AW2002:
Hi, I am looking for advice on investing.

I am 28M and live in Eastern Europe (relatively low cost of living), earn around €2.5k per month and have around 40k in savings.

I have recently started looking at the stock market as a way to store (and multiply) money for medium to long term investments, but have not made any purchases yet.

My target is EU-based ETFs only and I would like to allocate a percentage of my portfolio to cryptocurrencies.

As things stand now, is lump sum investing a good idea?
Would a better approach be to start EuroCostAveraging asap, and wait for a decline to invest the savings?
Or would some alternative approach be preferable?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

New Home Expert:
Whilst not qualified or authorised to give advice, I can only say what I would and have done.

Do not invest a lump sum. Drip feed the investments a little every month over at least 10 years in each sector you choose.

Never sell in a bear market or at the bottom. This could be a rare buying opportunity.

Never buy individual shares because they are cheap, they are cheap for a reason. Do your research.

Diversify. I have money invested in ETF Gold, some in China and Asia too.

I would not advise anything at all in  crypto currencies. The unregulated wild west.  Pretty much akin to gambling.

Even though interest rates are pitiful now, always keep at least 6 months living expenses on easy access savings account, fully accessible in case you lost your job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version